Friday, April 21, 2006

A Thought on Innocence

So many good conversations with friends this week. New friends, old friends, some that you have to say why have we met now? But needed conversations for things that have been running through my head and heart for so long.

As you may know "gentle reader" September 11 is my birthday and I have been living just too stoically since then. As a hedonist that has been very difficult and not me. So many repressed feelings, no tears--until now.

It may seem strange to thank someone for bringing tears back in your life, but I must, it is the first step in healing.

In one of those conversations, I ask so what is an innocent civilian? Versus a guilty soldier? We are all innocent of the current horrors being rained down upon us--here and everywhere. When will they stop, how can we get them to stop? Are we all struggling with this?

What do you think?

No comments: